WINTER ADVENTURES 2014-2015
Winter Adventures 2014-2015 Descriptions
At Autism Skis! Winter Adventures, we welcome individuals ages 5+ and enjoy 5 days of skiing and snowboarding at Snowmass, Colorado, one of the world’s premier family-friendly ski resorts just a few miles outside of Aspen.
- 5-day on-mountain skiing/snowboarding*
- One-to-one private lesson with an Aspen Skiing Company professional specializing in teaching persons across the autism spectrum
- Additional support from ski buddies will also be provided throughout the day
- Ski/Snowboard equipment (skis or board, boots, poles, helmet)
- Lift tickets
- Lunch and daytime snacks for participant Monday-Friday
- Breakfast for participant and one (1) guest (e.g. parent, aide) at Monday Meet and Greet
- Friday awards ceremony for participant and one (1) guest with light appetizers and beverages. Additional guests are welcome at the breakfast and Friday awards for an additional cost.
*Severe weather and camper sickness may necessitate substitute activities.Autism Skis!for more information and pricing.
The private lesson option pairs participants with Aspen Skiing Company instructors trained in working with persons with autism. Because it is a 1:1 program, private lessons allow for greater flexibility and convenience for participants than the camp program while still providing them the same quality ski/ snowboard instruction.Private Lessons
Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club is a local Aspen Valley institution that for generations has taught skiing and snowboarding to youth and teenagers throughout the community. Ascendigo is proud to have recently become part of that tradition, and during our winter session we’ll be offering buddy support for up to 12 participants who want to experience the first-rate instruction AVSC has been offering for decades. Activities include in-depth training, skier safety, and gate racing! Participants have the option of skiing/ snowboarding on either Snowmass or at Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen.
Additional Optionsfor more information on travel options