Ascendigo Employment Services
Connecting Individuals and Employers
Ascendigo Autism Services is committed to helping our clients reach their full potential of living a life with dignity, purpose and respect. As part of this commitment, we offer supported employment services to individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. As a registered service provider through the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), we help individuals with disabilities obtain competitive integrated employment through a comprehensive program.
Many businesses benefit from the unique talents and skills that individuals on the autism spectrum and others with developmental disabilities bring to the workplace. Individuals employed through Ascendigo’s employment program have jobs that range from cleaning and setting tables at local restaurants to computer programming at a digital marketing firm.
As a Division of Vocational Rehabilitation service provider, Ascendigo’s employment program can help ensure the success of an employee and maximize their productivity without costing the employer valuable resources, time or money.
- Match the unique talents, interests, and abilities of the individual with disabilities with employment opportunities that fulfill the needs of local businesses.
- Assist in the employment search, initial training, and on-site job coaching for each candidate.
- Develop a long-term relationship with our clients and their employers after the initial hiring and training phase by checking in regularly and being available for consultation throughout the duration of employment helping to ensure good work and personal habits necessary for long-term employment.
- Help individuals or their families qualify for employment service funding through DVR (a division of the Department of Labor and Employment) which can pay for our services at no cost to the individual. DVR will also pay for trade school and individualized education plans. Other funding options include Medicaid and private pay.
- Help employers identify existing disability-friendly jobs within the company.
- Identify and implement reasonable accommodations to help ensure the employee’s long-term success.
- Help train and job coach during the initial employment stage. Participating businesses are reimbursed 100% of the employee’s wages the first month of employment or a large portion of their first three months wages, depending on the level of support they receive.
- Maintain an on-going relationship with employers after the client’s initial training phase, checking in regularly and being available to contact throughout the duration of their employment to maintain and improve the employee’s work skills and personal habits.
“We absolutely love having Bill as part of the Marble Team! He is a tremendous asset and takes great pride in getting our tasting room clean and set on a daily basis. We love seeing him become more and more comfortable with his responsibilities and tasks. And, he now knows our team and is engaging with us more readily. The Ascendigo program brings so much not only to their clients, but to our community as well. We are honored to be part of their program.”
– Michelle Marlowe, Owner, Marble Distillery
“We love having Tyler come in the brewery and help us with canning our beer. It’s fun to see him enjoying himself doing the work and when we ask him how he’s feeling he oftentimes responds with “Proud”. It’s nice to know that work that we sometimes consider monotonous can brighten someone else’s day and give us a different perspective on our day to day tasks.” – Chase Engle, Roaring Form Beer Co.
- Live Loud T-Shirt Company
- Phat Thai
- Marble Distilling Co. & The Distillery Inn
- Crystal River Spas
- Colorado Product Services
- Aspen Tree Service
- LIFT UP
- Roaring Fork Beer Company
- Glenwood Springs Hot Springs
- Peppino’s Pizza
- Roaring Fork Valley Coop
For additional information on our employment program, please contact Richard Beutner at email@example.com or 970-927-3143.